Stray Kids was formed as part of JYP Entertainment’s 2017 reality show of the same name, in which 13 trainees competed to join the agency’s next boy band project. The group is made up of eight members: Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, Seungmin, I.N., and Bang Chan. The Sensational Stray Kids: A Rising South Korean Boy Band
A history of K-pop
K-pop began in the early 1990s, when a few record labels started to experiment with the idea of marketing music by young, attractive Korean bands. The first real K-pop hit came in 1992 with Seo Taiji and Boys’ Nan Arayo (I Know), which mixed traditional Korean music with Western pop and hip-hop. The group’s success paved the way for other K-pop bands like H.O.T., g.o.d., and S.E.S., who dominated the Korean music scene in the late 1990s and early 2000s. In recent years, K-pop has become more popular internationally, thanks to groups like BTS and Blackpink, who have broken through in the US and UK markets. The Sensational Stray Kids: A Rising South Korean Boy Band
What makes Stray Kids different?
1. All of the members are incredibly talented rappers, singers, and dancers. 2. They write and produce their own music. 3. They’re unafraid to experiment with different genres and styles. 4. They have great chemistry both on- and off-stage. 5. They’re always striving to improve and grow as artists. 6. They’re passionate about their art and their fans. 7. They’re just really fun to watch!
How to get started listening to Stray Kids
1) Start with their most recent album, Clé 1 : MIROH. 2) Listen to the tracks Miroh, Side Effects, and Victory Song to get a feel for the group’s sound. 3) If you’re looking for something more upbeat, check out Get Cool and District 9. 4) For a ballad, give My Pace a listen. 5) Once you’ve got a feel for the group’s music, watch some of their music videos! 6) Check out live performances too – they always put on an amazing show. 7) Finally, don’t forget to show your support by purchasing albums and merch!
Who are the members?
1. District 9 – The lead single off of the group’s debut EP, District 9, District 9 is an EDM-infused bop that showcases the boys’ impressive vocal and rap skills. The track is an instant earworm with its catchy chorus and infectious beat.
2. Hellevator – Another standout from District 9, Hellevator is a dark and haunting track that features Stray Kids’ signature rap style. The song is atmospheric and eerie, with a thumping bassline that will keep you hooked.
3. I Am YOU – The lead single from the group’s second EP, I Am YOU, I Am YOU is a powerful anthem about being true to yourself.
Five Essential Tracks from Stray Kids
1. District 9 – The powerful opening track from Stray Kids’ debut album, I Am NOT, sets the tone for the rest of the record with its hard-hitting beats and intense rap verses.
2. Hellevator – Another standout from I Am NOT, Hellevator is a hauntingly catchy song that will get stuck in your head for days.
3. Mirror – The lead single from Stray Kids’ second EP, Mirror, is a more mellow track that shows off the group’s vocal skills.
1. Who are the members of Stray Kids?
There are eight members in the group, Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, Seungmin, and I.N.
2. What is the band’s origin story?
The band was formed by JYP Entertainment through the 2017 reality show of the same name.
3. Who are some of the band’s musical influences? Their influences include artists such as Justin Bieber, Shawn Mendes, John Mayer, and Ed Sheeran. 4. How many languages can the band speak fluently?
Six out of seven members can speak fluent English while I.N cannot speak any English at all! 5. What should you expect from their debut album I Am Not?
Many of their songs reflect on their past as well as what they’ve been through during the two years they were together in a dormitory.